Friday, February 1, 2008

Groundhog's Day Predictions...

On Thursday we learned a bit about Groundhog's Day. Here are a few pictures of groundhogs in case you don't know what one looks like:

We all predicted whether we thought the groundhog would see his shadow on Saturday. We had to consider the weather we had this week (mostly cloudy) and also take into account that it might be time for the sun to shine again. Here are the results of our predictions in a bar graph. The yellow lines represent the A.M. Class and the blue lines are the predictions of the P.M. Class.
As you can see, more kids think he will not see his shadow tomorrow. Or is it just WISHFUL THINKING? We'll just have to wait and see.

(note: Flickr images courtesy of: VickyTH, Jamuudsen, new1mproved, and Matt Barger)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Great Graph Guys!
I'm hoping for spring soon, too.
I LOVE your blog. I've been following it ever since I noticed it in my web statistics - you guys popped up because you have a link to my site, Inkless Tales
So I wanted to say how much I liked YOUR site, and to also say thank you very much for linking to MY site, too.
Feel free to write me any old time.
I'm Elizabeth Bushey, from New York. I'm a writer, illustrator, and a musician for kids. My e-mail address is
elizabeth@inklesstales.com

I look forward to hearing from you. Let me know what you'd like to see on Inkless Tales -- and what you'd like to see made better!
Keep up the great blog! You guys ROCK!
-elizabeth