Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Leprechaun's Gold...

Today was St. Patrick's Day! We all remembered to wear something green! Yesterday in class we wrote letters to the Leprechaun asking him to SHARE his gold with us. We were careful to use our manners and not insist he turn over the whole pot. We thought maybe he would be willing to share it with us, especially if we told him one thing we would buy with the gold. Some friends asked for the "DS" game system, others wanted computers and one person wanted to buy a desk! 
Today we found a note on the chalkboard that read..."No gold...But look for treats"! We began searching the room and lo' and behold we found lots of green candies scattered about! They were tasty! It's not the same as gold, but it was nice he left something for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your blogs for Kindergarten. I am taking a Web2.0 class and we are suppose to think about how we could use a blog for our classroom. I thought "blogging in Kindergarten" no way!!! But after seeing yours and how you used pictures and slides is fabulous. Also great ideas. I love how your class wrote the leprechaun and asked for gold. A leprechaun visited my class but all he did was leave magic dust and a big mess. Thanks for sharing!

Cindy said...

Jessica,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment at our blog. Yes, I think there are many who think blogging can't be done with the little ones; but as you can see, we have fun with it. As for writing to the Leprechaun, we had a good time with that as well. I will say I had to work to get a couple of kids past their confusion between the Leprechaun and Santa! ;-)
Thanks again! Please visit often!
Cindy

Ronak Jain said...

I liked this article a lot .